I love simple, easy diets.
Recently, I quickly and easily dropped 16 lbs and 3.5 inches around my waist without breaking a sweat.
… that’s almost a literal statement. I think I worked out 3 or 4 times during the entire 2 month period I dropped this weight.
Sound good so far?
Did I mention the diet allows you to eat carbs, cheeseburgers, candy bars… pretty much anything you want?
(Spoiler alert: you don’t get to eat candy bars every day. Sorry.) 🙂
If it sounds intriguing, then you’re in luck, because I’ve had so many people ask me what I did, that I’ve laid it all out for you in this article.
Back to High School
I’ve never been muscular, so at 6’1, a good range for me over the years has been between 165 to 170.
However, in 2013, my weight began slipping away from me a bit. I got up to 175, then 180, and topped out at 183 in November 2013. (I wish I had that picture)
Over the next 5 months I tried to be a bit more conscious about what I ate, and in April 2014, I read an article about how most peoples’ ideal weight is how much they weighed when they graduated high school. For me, that was 162 lbs.
In the preceding months, I had been introduced to the Better Body System by Yoli, by another founding couple of this site, Angel and Tulane Rivera. As independent distributors for Yoli, they had told me about some of the amazing results their friends and customers were getting on the Better Body System.
They system is quite easy, and contains 4 of the 5 “eat phit” principles we teach at Living Phit for weight loss.
Here’s the program in a nutshell:
- Wake up and immediately drink a Passion energy drink – contains 110 mg of caffeine, gives you energy, and acts as a mild appetite suppressant
- 30 min later drink a Yoli YES shake (they taste amazing)
- Eat 3 protein snacks during the day (one example might be a cheesestick, 10 almonds, and a couple pieces of turkey bacon. Another example might be a hard boiled egg and some turkey jerkey.)
- Drink another YES shake at night
- If I got hungry before bed I would eat a couple celery sticks with PB
- 3 days per week, you get to mix in some fruit and good carbs. That keeps you feeling normal.
Overall, it was really easy, and I’ve found it’s been easy to maintain as the shakes are delicious and you’re not really hungry on the plan. Moreover, I’ve learned some awesome new eating habits, and in the process I also pretty much kicked soda, and drink Yoli’s Truth drink instead, which is amazing.
Click here for my complete Yoli diet review.