Beliefs about pH Balance in the Body
In the past few years, major science journals and publications have begun covering the harmful long term effects the Western diet (lots of meat, less fruits and veggies) has on the body.
The jury is in.
Excessive dietary acidity is both a significant and common problem in the U.S. as well as other Western societies.
- Acidosis and Its Effects on Health – Michael Lam MD, MPH
- Diet-Induced Acidosis: Is it Real and Clinically Relevant? – Dr. Joseph Pizzorno, Lynda A. Frassetto, and Joseph Katzinger
- Tired, Overweight – You Might be Too Acidic – Natasha Turner, ND
- Excessive Acidity and Urinary Disorders – Dr. Susan E. Brown, Ph. D, CCN
- Alkalinity, Weight Loss, and Energy – Tony Robbins, Life Coach and Creator of Living Health
- Why Elle Macpherson Has Gone Alkaline – News.com.au
We’ve done more than research about pH in the body…
During our research at Living Phit, we have read and received hundreds of testimonials from people reporting that mineral supplements which alkalize the body, such as *Alkalete by Yoli or Balance Your pH by Alkazone, produce amazing health improvements.
… literally, hundreds.
Therefore, we can say with great confidence that we believe alkalizing your body can help with the following:
- Acid Reflux/ Heartburn
- Digestive disorders
- Recovery after working out / Aches and Pains
- Skin problems
- Weight loss
- Hormonal (female) imbalances
- and more!
Click here for more information on high alkaline foods.
Beliefs about Weight Loss
We believe 99% of the weight loss tips and workout DVD’s won’t work for most Americans.
With 69% of American adults being overweight (according to the CDC) we don’t believe the problem is lack of education.
… Instead, it’s a lack of discipline.
We’re food addicts, plain and simple.
Therefore, we believe the only way to effectively lose weight, and keep it off, is through major systemic change, such as following the 5 Phit Principles of Weight Loss, or what we like to call “The Phit 5”.
5 Phit Principles of Weight Loss
- Simplify – We believe the best diets are the easiest diets. The less you have to “think” about what you’re going to eat, the better.
- Accountability – We believe the two best motivators for weight loss and weight maintenance are financial and social accountability. (See more)
- Low Carb Diet – We believe the best and healthiest way to lose weight is on a low carb (not no carb) diet. We endorse the Medifast diet, the Better Body System by Yoli, and the Slow Carb diet by Tim Ferriss.
- Alkalize Your Body – We believe metabolic acidosis contributes heavily to peoples’ inability to lose weight.
- Lose by Addition – use mind hacks so you never feel like you’re on a diet. (See more)